Great option for your breakfast
I was bored of mostly having toasts for breakfast every morning, and wanted to try something new. So, I decided to search for other options, and as I always have tofu in my fridge, I thought it’d be a great idea to try some scrambled tofu.
Finally after watching a couple of videos and reading some recipes, I chose two options (which I found interesting and easy), but after making them, they were not what I was expecting. I didn’t think they were tasty enough. At least not for me.
As you may know, tofu is super versatile and there’s a lot you could create using it, but if there’s no flavor to it, it gets really boring.
So, if you don’t eat eggs like me, and want to prepare something different, here’s my recipe for your breakfast.
- 1 pack of tofu (14 oz)
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Turmeric powder (to taste)
- Onions (to taste)
- Green onions (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast. I used Anthony’s.
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 tbsp of butter. I used Earth Balance.
1. The tofu I had in my fridge, was already cubed, so I let it sit on some layers of paper towel for draining.
Crumble the tofu in a bowl using your clean hands or a fork.
2. These are the seasonings I used of Simply Organic (oregano, garlic powder, black pepper and turmeric).
Slowly add them to the crumbled tofu.
3. Stir it and you’ll notice the tofu is becoming yellowish. If not, slowly add more turmeric.
4. Add salt, diced onions, parsley and green onions (to taste), then stir.
5. Add nutritional yeast and stir everything once more.
6. Add almond milk and after stirring it, give the recipe a try to check if it’s tasty enough, or if you’d like to add more seasoning to it.
8. Using a pan over low/medium heat, add the butter and the tofu and stir for about 6 minutes. Don’t let it burn!
This recipe serves about 4 portions.
Share with us, the result of your scrambled tofu recipe.